You’ve heard and read about the myriad benefits of meditation – from improving self-awareness, focus and sleep. But does it prove to be effective in improving your relationship with your partner? The answer is yes.
Whether you meditate solo or with your partner, it paves the way to create a meaningful, complete relationship with your significant other. Here’s how:
- You learn to remain grateful – Meditation has a profound effect on how you perceive the world and people around you. It helps you maintain a positive outlook, increases your awareness, and you feel grateful with every passing day. This is the harbinger of positivity in your relationships as well.
You will see how you no longer take things for granted and build a solid foundation by reminding yourself time and again why you fell in love with your partner in the first place. For instance, you’ll learn to appreciate the good qualities in your partner, who will also return the favor. This, in turn, strengthens the bond.
- Reduces everyday stress – If you constantly remain stressed for some or the other reason, you end up feeling drained by the time you reach home. Unfortunately, this is where your partner will feel the brunt. Frequent repetition of this pattern leads to a negative atmosphere at home and severe rifts between the partners.
By learning meditation and practicing it on a regular basis, you will see a significant drop in the stress levels and feel more relaxed in general. This will help you foster a loving relationship with your partner.
- You feel more connected – It is not uncommon for partners to feel distanced from one another, especially when they are in a long-distance relationship. The same holds true when you have long working hours or a different shift. Establish a strong connection with them by meditating on a daily basis.
It will help you become more attuned to your partner’s needs. You will turn more compassionate and empathetic towards them. Naturally, this will create a bond irrespective of any barriers – geographical or otherwise.
- You’ll learn to look inwards – Many times, we look only at what appears outside and forget to look inwards. If you want to give and receive limitless love, the first thing you need to do is make sure that you retrospect, and this is where a daily meditation program can help you out. You get the opportunity to connect with yourself first and learn to visualize a loving relationship and work towards it. Remember, before you love someone else, you must truly learn to love yourself first. This takes us to the next point.
- You become more kind – Kindness is a virtue that many people look for in their partners. For example, think of a situation wherein your partner makes a mistake. If you are in an irritable mood, that small mistake will appear to be a major blunder. Often, small arguments can blow out of proportion, leading to massive conflicts. But when you handle the same situation in a calm, loving manner, the entire scenario will change.
Meditation teaches you to overcome negative emotions and voices in your head. It fills you with self-compassion and reminds that you too deserve kindness. The same positive emotions also flow to your partner.
- You’ll be able to focus on your present – When you successfully make meditation a habit, you will be astonished to see the changes it makes in your everyday life. It will become easier for you to focus on the present moment instead of dwelling in past resentments. This brings tremendous positive vibes into your relationship as well.
- Improve your energy levels – What has energy got to do with relationships? A lot. Both partners to constantly invest their emotions and energy in a relationship and this is possible when they are relaxed. Meditation helps you become more relaxed and makes the mind more alert. This leads to increased energy levels.
These are some of the ways you can use meditation as a powerful tool to enhance your relationship. Heart-In-Tune is a free meditation app, which helps you build the habit of meditation, one day at a time. Download it to practice online meditation and reap the benefits.